A Study of Orforglipron in Adult Participants With Obesity or Overweight and Type 2 Diabetes (ATTAIN-2)
A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind Study to Investigate the Efficacy and Safety of Once-Daily Oral LY3502970 Compared With Placebo in Adult Participants With Obesity or Overweight and Type 2 Diabetes (ATTAIN-2)
- Have a body mass index (BMI) ≥27.0 kilogram/square meter (kg/m²).
- Have a history of at least 1 self-reported unsuccessful dietary effort to lose body weight.
- Have a diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D), with HbA1c ≥7% (≥53 mmol/mol) to ≤10% (86 mmol/mol) and are on stable treatment for T2D for at least 90 days prior to screening, consisting of:
- either diet/exercise alone or
- up to 3 oral antihyperglycemic medications (excluding dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibitors (DPP-4i) or glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonists (RA).
- Have Type 1 Diabetes (T1D), history of ketoacidosis or hyperosmolar state/coma, or any other types of diabetes except T2D.
- Have a self-reported change in body weight >5 kg (11 pounds) within 90 days prior to screening.
- Are currently receiving or planning to receive treatment for diabetic retinopathy and/or macular edema (for example, laster photocoagulation or intravitreal injections of anti-vascular endothelial growth factor inhibitors).
- Have family (first-degree relative) or personal history of medullary thyroid cancer (MTC) or multiple endocrine neoplasia 2 (MEN2) syndrome.
- Have had a history of chronic or acute pancreatitis.