Purpose: This fellowship program provides training and exposure to the various aspects of Clinical Research and the Pharmaceutical Industry. The program is structured to assist the fellow in identifying future career opportunities within the pharmaceutical industry, while learning and working in a fast-paced environment.
Overview: Fellows in the Clinical Research department utilize their clinical knowledge in the development of content to support the success of clinical research studies, investigator/physician relationships, and scientific publications. In this role, Fellows work closely and cross-functionally with 1) Pharmaceutical Companies, 2) Field Medical Science Teams, 3) Physicians and their extenders, and 4) Clinical Research Staff Members.
- Work closely with the Executive Management team on individualized projects
- Tailor fellowship to fellows’ interests and career goals
- Become involved in the approval process of many novel medications
- Gain experience with numerous pharmaceutical companies
- Acquire experiences in a wide variety of industry functional areas
Core Duties & Responsibilities
As a Postdoctoral Fellow at East Coast Institute for Research, you will work directly with fellowship directors Dr. Rebecca Goldfaden and Dr. Stephanie Niman and clients on various research studies throughout numerous disease states. Responsibilities may include the following:
- Interact with a wide range of physicians and their extenders to provide appropriate and fair-balanced scientific exchange.
- Participate in, support, and develop key enrollment strategies and tactics for clinical research studies in different therapeutic areas.
- Prepare proposals and develop protocols for investigator initiated studies.
- Prepare clinical trial budgets and develop financial skills.
- Participate in clinical trial quality reviews and work with the compliance team.
- Engage in the clinical trial process for clinical research studies in phases II-IV.
- Attend national congresses and investigator meetings to maintain client relationships, as well as to obtain current scientific information.
- Create scientific training materials intended to educate clinical research coordinators and staff.
- Develop and/or deliver scientific presentations on assigned therapeutic area or clinical research studies.
- Engage advanced pharmacy students in both the didactic and clinical settings from various Colleges of Pharmacy.
- Evaluate and review relevant medical literature as well as write, review, edit, and publish book chapters, review articles, and/or original research manuscripts.
Competencies & Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills are required
- Ability to network and partner with important customers, including physicians, pharmaceutical companies, and field medical science teams.
- Must be able to prioritize and work effectively in a constantly changing, dynamic environment
- Ability to review, comprehend, and discuss scientific literature in many therapeutic areas
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a diverse team
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment
- Self-starter with intrinsic internal motivation and strong work ethic is required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and associated hardware is required
- Residence in or willingness to relocate to Jacksonville, FL
Key Dates & Application Process
October - November
Submit application through Personal Placement Service (PPS)
December 3-5, 2023
Interview at PPS during ASHP Midyear in Anaheim, CA
December 5, 2023
Post-Interview Reception - Invitation Only
December 7-22, 2023
Submit unofficial transcript, cover letters, and 3 letters of recommendation - Invitation Only
On-site interview requests will be sent out and interviews will take place
Offer letter will be sent out to the selected candidate